Stock Update (NASDAQ:NWBO): Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc Presents Updated Data From DCVax®-Direct Phase I Trial At 5th Annual SMi Cancer Vaccines Conference in London
Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc (NASDAQ:NWBO) announced that Dr. Marnix Bosch, Chief Technical Officer, today presented an updated and more detailed analysis of the Phase I DCVax®-Direct Trial data at the 5th Annual SMi Cancer Vaccines Conference in London, England.
DC Vax-Direct is designed to treat inoperable solid tumors. The Phase I Trial treated patients with multiple inoperable metastatic tumors who had failed existing treatment regimens. These patients had failed as many as five or six different prior types of treatments, and had generally quite poor life expectancies when they entered the DCVax-Direct Trial. DCVax-Direct was directly injected, with image guidance, into just one of the patients’ tumors and most patients received just three treatments. The Trial included 40 patients, with 39 evaluable, and covered more than a dozen diverse types of solid tumor cancers.
Some highlights of Dr. Bosch’s update presentation today included:
- The top 20% of these patients have so far exceeded 2 years of survival and are still alive. The longest survivor to date has reached nearly 3 years. See Attachment A for details.
- The top 30% of these patients (including pancreatic, melanoma, lung, ovarian, sarcoma and other cancers) as a combined group have an average survival to date of 26.7 months, compared with an average of expected survival times of 12.3 months. Individually, these patients have also substantially exceeded their respective expected survival times. See Attachment B for details.
- The continuing positive survival results correlate with underlying mechanisms of action and cellular and immune profiles, including phenotype analyses, relative production of a wide range of diverse cytokines by the dendritic cells. Additional positive observations include T-cell infiltration, and PD-L1 expression.
- 64% of the patients evaluable for PD-L1 checkpoint expression (14 of 22) showed either de novo or significantly increased expression of PD-L1 following DCVax-Direct treatment, indicating potential for combination of DCVax-Direct and checkpoint inhibitors.
- The diverse cancers covered in this trial are responsible for approximately 800,000 new cases annually in the US and also at least 800,000 new cases in Europe. When these cancers reach the inoperable metastatic stage, there are no effective treatments available today. (Original Source)
Shares of Northwest Biotherapeutics are currently trading at $0.63, down $0.069 or -9.90%. NWBO has a 1-year high of $7.60 and a 1-year low of $0.32. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $0.41 and its 200-day moving average is $0.87.
Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company. It engages in the provision of developing cancer vaccines designed to treat a solid tumor cancers.