Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (RNN) Provides Clinical Update
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSEMKT:RNN) announced that it has distributed to shareholders a mid-year update letter reviewing the company’s recent progress and clinical plans for the remainder of 2017.
“Rexahn is at a very exciting point in our clinical development programs with Phase IIa clinical data being generated in several difficult-to-treat cancers,” stated Peter D. Suzdak, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Rexahn. “We are very encouraged by the Company’s recent progress in our clinical-stage oncology programs and want to keep shareholders updated on our ongoing clinical trials and future plans.”
- Present additional clinical data from the ongoing Phase IIa trial in metastatic bladder cancer patients who have failed three or more prior therapies
- Initiate a clinical study in metastatic bladder cancer patients in combination with another anti-cancer drug
- Present clinical data from stage 2 of the Phase IIa clinical trial of RX-3117 in metastatic pancreatic cancer patients that have failed three or more prior anti-cancer therapies
- Initiate a combination study with Abraxane® (paclitaxel protein-bound) in newly diagnosed metastatic pancreatic cancer patients
- Present preliminary clinical data from an ongoing a Phase IIa clinical trial in in patients with triple-negative breast cancer
- Present an update of the Phase IIa clinical trial of Archexin® in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC)
Shares of Rexahn are currently trading at $1.95, up $0.06 or 3.17%. RNN has a 1-year high of $7.10 and a 1-year low of $1.27. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $2.33 and its 200-day moving average is $1.67.
On the ratings front, Rexahn has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report issued on June 5, H.C. Wainwright analyst Joseph Pantginis reiterated a Buy rating on RNN, with a price target of $19.50, which implies an upside of 932% from current levels. Separately, on May 25, FBR’s Vernon Bernardino reiterated a Buy rating on the stock and has a price target of $14.
According to TipRanks.com, which ranks over 7,500 financial analysts and bloggers to gauge the performance of their past recommendations, Joseph Pantginis and Vernon Bernardino have a yearly average loss of -20.5% and -3.4% respectively. Pantginis has a success rate of 28% and is ranked #4575 out of 4618 analysts, while Bernardino has a success rate of 31% and is ranked #4295.
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. It dedicates to the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative treatments for cancer and other medical needs. The firm have three clinical stage oncology candidates: Archexin, RX-3117, and Supinoxin and a robust pipeline of preclinical compounds to treat multiple types of cancer. It has also developed proprietary drug discovery platform technologies in the areas of nano-medicines, 3D gold and times.