Company Update (NASDAQ:RPTP): Raptor Pharmaceutical to Observe International Rare Disease Day Through Global Awareness Programs
Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp. (Nasdaq:RPTP) announced its support of Rare Disease Day on February 28, 2015 with a series of initiatives and events meant to celebrate advancements in the field of rare and orphan diseases and to support and strengthen patient communities. The company joins EURORDIS and the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) to observe this year’s theme of “Living with a Rare Disease – Day-by-Day, Hand-in-Hand!” which recognizes the millions of people whose lives are impacted each day by a rare disease.
“We are excited to join our partners globally in supporting people affected by rare disease and to increase awareness that rare diseases are an important public health issue,” said Julie Anne Smith, Raptor’sPresident and CEO. “Raptor is committed to making a difference for rare disease communities by supporting innovative drug development and advocating for legislation that improves the lives of people and families living with a rare disease.”
“Global Genes is honored to participate in Raptor’s efforts supporting Rare Disease Day. Global Genes is also committed to supporting patients by helping equip them to become successful activists for their disease,” said Nicole Boice, Founder and CEO of Global Genes. “Raptor is an important partner in the rare disease community and has always been a very patient-focused organization.”
During the week of February 23rd, Raptor will sponsor and participate in several Rare Disease Day activities around the world to pledge its support for those with rare diseases, including:
- Rare Disease Day Legislative Advocates (RDLA) “Rare Disease Day Legislative Conference and Lobby Day” from February 23-27th in Washington DC;
- EURORDIS policy event and Black Pearl Gala in Brussels on February 24th;
- Rare Disease Day activities partnered with EveryLife Foundation;
- Employee participation in the Blue Hand Challenge and dissemination of free inflatable blue hands for people to share photographs of themselves wearing on knowcystinosis.com as part of the iPledge Hand;
- February 26th celebration at the company’s Novato offices with presentations by cystinosis patients and Nicole Boice, Founder and CEO of Global Genes and;
- Announcement of recipients of Raptor’s inaugural Annual Nephropathic Cystinosis Scholarship Program – Presentation of two $2,500 scholarships.
Shares of Raptor Pharmaceutical closed last Friday at $9.89 . RPTP has a 1-year high of $17.46 and a 1-year low of $7.12. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $9.58 and it’s 200-day moving average is $10.01.
On the ratings front, Raptor Pharmaceutical has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report issued on November 10, Oppenheimer analyst Christopher Marai maintained a Hold rating on RPTP.
Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing life-altering therapeutics that treat debilitating and often fatal diseases.