Company Update (NASDAQ:CLSN): Celsion Corporation to Host R&D Day After Market Close
Celsion Corporation (NASDAQ:CLSN) announced that it will host a Research and Development (R&D) Day for investors and analysts on Thursday, October 12, 2017. The event will take place from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time in New York City. The presentations will focus on the Company’s research and development programs and will feature leading experts in directed chemotherapies and immunotherapies.
ThermoDox® – Pivotal Phase III OPTIMA Study for Primary Liver Cancer
Lead OPTIMA Study clinical investigators representing various geographical regions (Asia-Pacific and Europe) and multiple medical disciplines (hepatology, interventional radiology and surgery) will present their past and current experiences with ThermoDox® for the treatment of primary liver cancer.
- Won Young Tak, M.D., Ph.D., Professor Internal Medicine, GI & Hepatology Kyungpook National University Hospital Daegu, Republic of Korea
- Stephen N. Wong, M.D., Principle Investigator OPTIMA, Chinese General Hospital, Philippines
- Robert M. Eisele, M.D., Deputy Head of Department, Dept. of General, Visceral, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, Medical Faculty of the University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
GEN-1 Immunotherapy – A Powerful, Pro-Immune Modulator of Cancer’s Microenvironment
The lead investigator for the Company’s recently completed OVATION Study in newly diagnosed Stage III/IV ovarian cancer patients will review all of the clinical data from the trial and a leading immuno-oncology expert from Roswell Park Cancer Institute will discuss the translational research data from the OVATION Study.
- Premal H. Thaker, M.D., Associate Professor in Gynecologic Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Richard C. Koya, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Oncology and Immunology, Director of the Vector Development & Production Facility, Associate Director of the Center for Immunotherapy, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Center for Immunotherapy, Buffalo, NY
Ahead of the R&D day, Celsion shares are down nearly 6% to $5.47. CLSN has a 1-year high of $16.38 and a 1-year low of $1.24. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $2.03 and its 200-day moving average is $1.48.
On the ratings front, Maxim analyst Jason McCarthy upgraded CLSN to Buy, with a price target of $7, in a report issued on October 4. The current price target implies an upside of 31% from current levels. According to TipRanks.com, McCarthy has a yearly average return of 7.6%, a 44% success rate, and is ranked #736 out of 4694 analysts.
Celsion Corp. is an oncology drug development company. It focuses on developing a portfolio of innovative cancer treatments, including directed chemotherapies, DNA-mediated immunotherapy and RNA- based therapies. The company’s products include ThermoDox and GEN-1.