Roth Capital Maintains Buy On BioCryst Ahead Of 3Q14 Results
In a research report issued Friday, Roth Capital analyst Ed Arce maintained a Buy rating on BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BCRX) with a $20 price target, as the company will report third-quarter results before markets open on Thursday, November 6.
The following bullets contain some highlights from this report:
- We expect EPS of ($0.18) versus consensus of ($0.20) on revenues of $1.8M versus consensus of $2.1M. For full-year 2014, we see total operating expenses of $55.4M, slightly above the midpoint of management’s current guidance range of $48M-$59M.
- Development progress continues for leading HAE program; expect initiation of OPuS-2 this quarter.
- Assuming resolution of CMO issues, we fully expect Rapivab approval upon December 23 PDUFA.
- In our view, BCRX shares will continue to experience volatility with the ongoing Ebola epidemic in West Africa, especially once BCX4430 enters the clinic in Phase I testing, expected in 1Q15.
- We continue to view BCX4161 and its secondgeneration HAE compounds as having the potential (55% probability) to disrupt (and ultimately dominate) the HAE therapeutic market with a oncedaily oral pill to eliminate HAE attacks.
According to TipRanks.com, which measures analysts’ and bloggers’ success rate based on how their calls perform, analyst Ed Arce has a total average return of 21.6% and a 54.1% success rate. Arce has a 83.1% average return when recommending BCRX, and is ranked #195 out of 3354 analysts.