Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD) unveiled the next generation of its advanced software suite for Radeon™ graphics that delivers innovative new features, high-performance gaming and professional-grade stability to meet the evolving needs of consumers, professionals and developers.
With more than 400 million people worldwide playing on Radeon™ graphics1, AMD is firmly committed to delivering superior performance and forward-thinking new features for gamers. Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition focuses on the features gamers demand most, enabling power efficient gameplay with Radeon Chill and seamless in-game screen capture and streaming with Radeon ReLive.
For designers, content creators, and game developers, Radeon Pro Software Crimson ReLive Edition delivers outstanding productivity and stability with up to 30 percent performance improvements in key applications2 and undergoing twice the OEM platform testing, three times more ISV certification testing and 1.5 times more stress testing than the previous AMD professional graphics driver3.
Building on the success of last year’s completely redesigned and supercharged Radeon Software Crimson Edition, which received the highest user satisfaction rating of any AMD software ever, Radeon Software Crimson ReLive continues AMD’s dedication to world-class software support for Radeon™ GPUs.
“With Radeon Software, we’ve continued to set the highest standards by delivering the most complete and reliable software stack for gamers and creators, and one of the most community-lauded user interfaces,” said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group. “Crimson ReLive Edition lets gamers share their biggest gaming victories, and gives creators free open source tools and rock solid stability.”
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition
- Radeon ReLive: With Radeon ReLive, gamers can “relive” their gameplay by capturing, streaming, and sharing recorded gaming sessions. Highly efficient with minimal impact to gameplay, Radeon ReLive enables seamless playback of ReLive recordings via an easily accessible in-game toolbar, and offers quick and convenient customizable settings, custom scene layouts, and more. With Radeon ReLive, gamers now have a way to capture gaming highlights, and share their gaming exploits and conquests with online friends and competitors — all integrated within Radeon Software
- Radeon Chill: Radeon Chill is a power-efficient framerate controller for Radeon™ graphics that dynamically regulates framerate based on the speed of the mouse movements. Radeon Chill builds on a feature originally developed by HiAlgo and is designed to reduce system power consumption while maintaining an excellent end-user gaming experience, enabling smooth gameplay without noticeable impact to performance while maintaining a cooler and quieter system
- AMD LiquidVR™ Technology: Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition leverages AMD’s seamlessly efficient and forward-looking LiquidVR™ technology on VR-capable hardware to deliver the latest graphics technologies and advancements for incredibly realistic VR experiences with MultiView and MultiRes rendering and Asynchronous Space Warp for Oculus Rift
- Enhanced Radeon FreeSync™: Radeon FreeSync™ technology enables seamless communication between the compatible display and the graphics card for naturally smooth gameplay, with a full-screen borderless windowed mode that enables effortless switching between applications. FreeSync’s gradual refresh ramp enables a smooth increase or decrease in display frames per second, providing an even smoother end-user experience4
- Stability: Delivering on its commitment to rock-solid reliability, Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition sets new standards for Radeon™ graphics software stability and a consistent user experience through rigorous testing and continuous improvement
Radeon Pro Software Crimson ReLive Edition
- Unleash your creativity: Radeon Pro Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD’s powerful and reliable professional graphics software, enabling high-performance productivity and outstanding stability for designers, content creators, and game developers
- Professional-grade certifications and stability: Rigorously-tested for stability, comprehensive certification, and world-class user satisfaction, Radeon Pro Software ReLive Edition is optimized for numerous industry-leading ISV applications for media and entertainment, engineering and design, geographical information systems, life sciences, oil and gas industries, and others. Support for cutting-edge APIs including DirectX®12 and Vulkan™ is crucial for today’s content creators and game developers, and Radeon™ Pro and AMD FirePro™ GPUs are ready for the latest applications. Radeon Pro Software Crimson ReLive Edition’s API support helps avoid disrupting workflow stability and productivity when upgrading to real-time game engines and content creation tools that support new low-level APIs
- Radeon Software Pro ReLive: Radeon Software Pro ReLive edition enables capturing and recording professional workflows within CAD/engineering applications, visualization and prototyping software, content-creation tools for collaboration, presentation, training and customer support, and more. Free, and seamlessly integrated within Radeon Pro Settings, Radeon ReLive enables full control of its video capture parameters, including customizable recording quality at up to 4K resolution
- Expanding Linux® support: AMD’s ongoing commitment and support for open-source technologies and tools means Radeon Pro Software Crimson ReLive Edition now supports the AMD GPU-PRO hybrid Linux driver. This new Linux driver combines the best of both worlds — an open-source core and Radeon™ Pro technologies and performance
- Radeon ProRender: Radeon ProRender is a powerful physically-based rendering engine that helps creative professionals produce stunningly photorealistic images, with native application integration for Blender and Maxon’s Cinema 4D expected in 2017
- Radeon Loom: Radeon Loom software overcomes formidable technology challenges with the processing-intensive video stitching process that is vital to creating cinematic 360-degree video experiences in VR. Built upon the Khronos OpenVX™ computer vision framework as implemented by AMD, the professional-grade Radeon Loom software stitches output from up to 24 cameras live in real-time and up to 31 cameras offline
- Powering performance and efficiency: Enhancing the latest Radeon™ Pro WX Series professional GPUs and AMD FirePro™ graphics, Radeon Pro Software Crimson ReLive Edition enables new levels of performance and efficiency to fuel your creativity
With its latest software release, AMD expands its commitment to open-source technologies through its GPUOpen initiative, strengthening the growing open-source developer community. Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition empowers developers through open source to revolutionize the way games, content and applications are created, implementing detail-oriented, advanced features that redefine visual quality. (Original Source)
Shares of Advanced Micro Devices are up 3.5% to $9.89 in pre-market trading Thursday. AMD has a 1-year high of $9.79 and a 1-year low of $1.75. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $6.77 and its 200-day moving average is $5.97.
On the ratings front, AMD stock has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report released today, Merrill Lynch analyst Vivek Arya upgraded AMD to Buy. Separately, on November 22, MKM Partners’ Ian Ing reiterated a Buy rating on the stock and has a price target of $10.50.
According to TipRanks.com, which ranks over 7,500 financial analysts and bloggers to gauge the performance of their past recommendations, Vivek Arya and Ian Ing have a yearly average return of 14.4% and 33% respectively. Arya has a success rate of 57% and is ranked #226 out of 4271 analysts, while Ing has a success rate of 75% and is ranked #23.
Overall, one research analyst has rated the stock with a Sell rating, 9 research analysts have assigned a Hold rating and 6 research analysts have given a Buy rating to the stock. When considering if perhaps the stock is under or overvalued, the average price target is $7.69 which is -19.6% under where the stock closed yesterday.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a global semiconductor company that develops computer processors and related technologies for business and consumer markets. It design and integrate technology for intelligent devices, including personal computers, game consoles and cloud servers. The company operates through the following segments: Computing and Graphics, and Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom. The Computing and Graphics segment includes desktop, notebook processors, chipsets, discrete GPUs and professional graphics. The Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment includes server and embedded processors, dense servers, semi-custom SoC products, engineering services and royalties.