Keurig Green Mountain Inc (NASDAQ:GMCR), the Canadian business unit of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (Keurig) (NASDAQ: GMCR), a personal beverage system company that has revolutionized the way consumers create and enjoy beverages, today announced the launch of the Keurig® KOLD™ system inCanada. Introduced in the U.S. earlier this fall, Keurig ® KOLD™ is the first beverage system that allows consumers to freshly make cold drinks from a variety of brand new sparkling and still beverages, as well as favourite brands from beverage partners, in their home at the push of a button.
“Keurig has redefined the way consumers enjoy coffee and tea in their homes and offices and today, with the launch of Keurig KOLD in Canada, we believe we can continue to revolutionize the entire beverage industry,” said Stéphane Glorieux, President of Keurig Canada. “Our consumers demand choice and the Keurig KOLD system gives them convenient access to a wide range of beverage varieties, perfectly chilled and fresh-made at the push of a button. Our game changing technology, including the chilling system and the carbonation process, produces consistently great tasting beverages with the expected Keurig brand simplicity.”
In addition to the broad beverage variety available, the Keurig® KOLD™ system incorporates innovative features and technology, including:
- Fresh-made. The KOLD™ pod and drinkmaker do all the work. Simply remove the freshness seal from the bottom of the pod, pop it in, push the button and freshly make a cold beverage, mixed to just the right taste each and every time.
- Carbonation without a CO2 canister. To make carbonated beverages, the Keurig® KOLD™ system uses unique Karbonator™ beads, which are contained within the pod and hold beverage-grade CO2. During the drink making process, CO2 is naturally released into the beverage to perfectly carbonate each drink.
- Drinks delivered chilled. The innovative KOLD™ chiller uses an aerospace-inspired thermal transfer system to rapidly cool beverages to the ideal chilled temperature.
- Perfectly portioned. Keurig® KOLD™ delivers beverages at an eight-ounce portion size (237ml), and nearly all beverages have 100 calories or less.
- Space savings. KOLD™ pods need no refrigeration so consumers can easily store more beverage choices in their pantry or in their countertop KOLD™ pod carousel, offering everyone, including family and guests, exactly the cold beverage they want, when they want it. (Original Source)
Shares of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters closed yesterday at $45.72, down $1.72 or -3.63%. GMCR has a 1-year high of $144.25 and a 1-year low of $39.80. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $51.26 and its 200-day moving average is $65.26.
On the ratings front, Green Mountain Coffee has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report issued on November 19, UBS analyst Stephen Powers reiterated a Hold rating on GMCR, with a price target of $51, which represents a potential upside of 11.5% from where the stock is currently trading. Separately, on the same day, Roth Capital’s Anton Brenner reiterated a Hold rating on the stock and has a price target of $50.
According to TipRanks.com, which ranks over 7,500 financial analysts and bloggers to gauge the performance of their past recommendations, Stephen Powers and Anton Brenner have a total average return of 3.0% and -2.4% respectively. Powers has a success rate of 74.1% and is ranked #1375 out of 3636 analysts, while Brenner has a success rate of 38.8% and is ranked #3054.
Overall, one research analyst has rated the stock with a Sell rating, 8 research analysts have assigned a Hold rating and . When considering if perhaps the stock is under or overvalued, the average price target is $66.00 which is 44.4% above where the stock closed yesterday.
Keurig Green Mountain Inc is engaged in the coffee and coffeemaker businesses in the United States and Canada. It sells Keurig Single Cup brewers and roast high-quality Arabica bean coffees.