Cempra Inc (NASDAQ:CEMP), a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing antibiotics to meet critical medical needs in the treatment of bacterial infectious diseases, today announced it will be making multiple presentations on solithromycin and Taksta™ (fusidic acid) at the Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) and theInternational Society of Chemotherapy (ICC) joint meeting in San Diego, September 17-21, 2015.
The ICAAC/ICC presentations are as follows (all times are Pacific Daylight Time):
Friday, September 18
Poster Session 008: New Drugs against Resistant Infections (12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- B-088: Solithromycin for the Treatment of Anthrax; A. Sheets, L. Henning, R. Warren, P. Fernandes, G. Meister; Cempra Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Chapel Hill, NC, Battelle, Columbus, OH, BARDA, Washington, DC
Poster Session 013: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Methods and Interpretation for Gram-Negative Pathogens (12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- D-187: MICs and MBCs of Solithromycin for Nontypeable and Typeable Haemophilus influenza; D. Hardy, S. I. Pelton, M. Figueira, K. Keedy, P. Fernandes, D. Vicino; Univ. of Rochester Med. Ctr., Rochester, NY, Boston Med. Ctr., Boston, MA, Cempra, Inc., Chapel Hill, NC
Symposium 038: Approaches for Repurposing or Redesigning Compounds for MDR Microorganisms (4:45 p.m. – 6:45 p.m., Meeting Room 6F, Upper Level)
- Fusidic Acid: An Oral Staphylococcal Antibiotic for Oral, Chronic Treatment; Prabhavathi Fernandes; Cempra Inc., Chapel Hill, NC (4:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.)
Saturday, September 19
Poster Session 081: Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) of Agents against Gram-Positive Bacteria (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- A-492: Activity of Fusidic Acid (FUS) Alone or in Combination with Daptomycin (DAP), Vancomycin (VAN) and Linezolid (LDZ) (Compared with Each of These Antibiotics Alone) in an in vitro Dynamic Model of Staphylococcus aureus Biofilm; W. Siala, P. Fernandes, P. M. Tulkens, F. Van Bambeke; Univ. Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium, Cempra Pharmaceuticals Inc., Chapel Hill, NC
Poster Session 085: In Vitro Activities of New Drugs and Inhibitors against Gram-Positives (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- C-550: Assessment of the Bactericidal Activity of Solithromycin (CEM-101) Against Streptococcus pneumoniae with Known Macrolide-resistance Mechanism and Serotype: S. Magnet, I. Morrissey, P. Fernandes, K. Keedy, S. Hawser; IHMA Europe Sàrl, Epalinges,Switzerland, Cempra, Inc., Chapel Hill, NC
Poster Session 088: New Drugs against Gram-Negatives: In Vitro Activity and Insights (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- C-622: Activity of Solithromycin Tested Against Pathogens Associated with Community-acquired Bacterial Pneumonia: Global Surveillance Results for 2014; D. J. Farrell, R. K. Flamm, H. S. Sader, R. N. Jones; JMI Lab., North Liberty, IA
Sunday, September 20th
Poster Session 159: New Drugs and Approaches to Fight Antimicrobial Resistant Staphylococci (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- C-1055: Activity of Fusidic Acid against Staphylococci Isolated from Patients in United States Hospitals During 2014; D. J. Farrell, M. Castanheira, R. E. Mendes, R. N. Jones; JMI Lab., North Liberty, IA
Poster Session 162: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing-Antibiotic Combinations (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- D-1123: In vitro Activity of the Combination of Solithromycin and Cephalosporins against Neisseria gonorrhoeae; O. O. Soge, K. Keedy, L. A. Barbee, C. R. Kono, P. Fernandes, M. R. Golden; Univ. of Washington, Seattle, WA, Cempra, Inc., Chapel Hill, NC
Poster Session 163: Clinical Antibacterial Susceptibility Testing and Surveillance (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- D-1137: Solithromycin MIC and Disk Diffusion Quality Control Ranges, a CLSI Multi-Laboratory M23-A3 Study Design; J. E. Ross, D. J. Farrell, R. K. Flamm, R. N. Jones; JMI Lab., North Liberty, IA
Poster Session 172: Respiratory Tract Infections and Mycobacteria (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall F)
- L-1274: Prevalence of Pneumococcal Serotypes in Adults Enrolled in a Phase 3 Trial that Evaluated the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Solithromycin (CEM-101) versus Moxifloxacin in Adults with CABP; S. Chochua, A. Sheets, K. Keedy, B. Jamieson, D. Oldach, P. Fernandes, K. Klugman, J. E. Vidal; Emory Univ., Atlanta, GA, Cempra, Inc. Chapel Hill, NC. (Original Source)
Shares of Cempra closed yesterday at $33.91. CEMP has a 1-year high of $46.99 and a 1-year low of $9.61. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $38.57 and its 200-day moving average is $36.28.
On the ratings front, Cempra has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report released yesterday, Roth Capital analyst Debjit Chattopadhyay reiterated a Buy rating on CEMP, with a price target of $56, which implies an upside of 65.1% from current levels. Separately, on July 30, Needham’s Alan Carr reiterated a Buy rating on the stock and has a price target of $48.
According to TipRanks.com, which ranks over 7,500 financial analysts and bloggers to gauge the performance of their past recommendations, Debjit Chattopadhyay and Alan Carr have a total average return of 21.6% and 32.9% respectively. Chattopadhyay has a success rate of 55.8% and is ranked #35 out of 3752 analysts, while Carr has a success rate of 67.1% and is ranked #6.
Cempra Inc is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. It develops antibiotics for acute care & community settings to meet critical medical needs in treatment of bacterial infectious diseases, respiratory tract & chronic staphylococcal infections.