On Deck Capital Inc (NYSE:ONDK), a leading platform for small business lending, released findings of its latest Main Street Pulse Report, a quarterly study of small business trends. The report examined what it’s really like to be a small business owner, revealing that they invest as much time and money as they can to grow their businesses and in turn, their communities.
Key findings of the study include:
- The American Dream is alive and well – 81 percent of those surveyed traded the security of a corporate “9 to 5” job to build their own business, have more flexibility and follow their true passion.
- Small business owners have tireless work ethic – 90 percent work in some capacity on weekends; and 80 percent work from home even after leaving the office.
- Their #1 priority is growing their business – The number one thing business owners want more of is money for their business.
- Small businesses are committed to the growth of their communities – 80 percent of small business owners find time to help their communities.
- Running a small business isn’t easy, but it’s worth it – Despite the time and work required to run a business, nearly 90% say they would never look back.
“Small business owners truly exemplify the American Dream and are the cornerstones of their communities,” said Andrea Gellert, chief marketing officer, OnDeck. “In celebration of the 4th of July, we should all recognize the dedication business owners have to growing our local Main Streets, and in turn, our economy.”
The study is based on data gathered by OnDeck from over 800 small business owners across the United States and from a variety of industries. (Original Source)
Shares of On Deck Capital Inc closed yesterday at $11.58 . ONDK has a 1-year high of $28.98 and a 1-year low of $11.49. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $14.21 and its 200-day moving average is $18.17.
On the ratings front, On Deck Capital Inc (NYSE: ONDK) has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report issued on May 21, BTIG analyst Mark Palmer maintained a Buy rating on ONDK, with a price target of $25, which implies an upside of 115.9% from current levels. Separately, on May 11, Sterne Agee CRT’s Henry Coffey upgraded the stock to Hold .
According to TipRanks.com, which ranks over 7,500 financial analysts and bloggers to gauge the performance of their past recommendations, Mark Palmer and Henry Coffey have a total average return of -3.6% and -1.0% respectively. Palmer has a success rate of 43.4% and is ranked #3442 out of 3683 analysts, while Coffey has a success rate of 42.1% and is ranked #2793.
In total, one research analyst has rated the stock with a Sell rating, one research analyst has assigned a Hold rating and 3 research analysts have given a Buy rating to the stock. When considering if perhaps the stock is under or overvalued, the average price target is $26.00 which is 124.5% above where the stock closed yesterday.
On Deck Capital Incalong with its subsidiaries is engaged in providing financing products to small businesses located throughout the United States, including term loans and lines of credit.