Cavium Inc (NASDAQ:CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking will demonstrate its flagship product offerings for Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center and Enterprise at Computex 2015. Cavium will show live product demonstrations based on ThunderX™, OCTEON® III, OCTEON Fusion®, LiquidIO® and XPliant™ product lines.
Cavium executives will be available to discuss the following broad range of solutions, including the company’s most recent announcements. Product demonstrations will be shown in Cavium’s suite 2412 located in the Hyatt Hotel, at Computex in Taipei, Taiwan.
Demonstrations to be shown based on the following Cavium product lines:
ThunderX: 64–bit ARMv8-A based family of workload optimized processors features high performance custom cores, single and dual socket configurations, high memory bandwidth, integrated hardware accelerators for networking, storage, and security as well as low latency Ethernet fabric for scalability. The ThunderX server ecosystem continues to grow rapidly; Cavium partners ASUS, Gigabyte, Pegatron, and Wiwynn will all showcase ThunderX-based server platform demonstrations. The advantages inherent in the ThunderX SoCs allow new workload-optimized design opportunities for these partners.
- Demonstration will include Hadoop cluster, MySQL, OpenStack and NGINX running on ThunderX powered server platforms either in single socket, dual socket or cluster based configuration.
XPliant Ethernet Switches: Targeting the datacenter, enterprise and service provider markets with the ultimate combination of flexibility and throughput, XPliant is designed for top of rack and leaf / spine architectures as well as embedded applications in transport, wireless infrastructure, compute and networking appliances. These highly configurable Ethernet switches with bandwidths up to 3.2 Terabits per second in monolithic silicon support 1G, 10G, 25G, 40G, 50G and 100G interfaces. Demonstrations will include
- XPliant Switch chip running traffic on 32 ports of 100G at 3.2 Tbps.
- XPliant-based 32x100G platforms from Edge-Core, Inventec and LiteON.
OCTEON III Multicore Processors: Complete software compatible product line delivering a full–range of networking and security solutions for Retail/SMB, Enterprise and Wireless Infrastructure. Demonstrations include:
- Multi-gigabit 802.11ac 4×4 MU-MIMO Wave 2 WLAN access point.
- Optimized OpenWRT software running on a fanless router/gateway.
- Various ODM/OEM systems including SMB router/gateway, UTM firewall, 10GE switches, etc.
- COM Express and Qseven modules for industrial control, Mil/Aero applications
- Imagination’s ClearcallTM VoIP application running on OCTEON III (demo at Imagination’s suite).
OCTEON Fusion: OCTEON FusionLTE small cell baseband processors for low power, high performance FDD and TDD base stations.
- Live, over–the–air TD–LTE demonstration of a 64-user enterprise small cell, based on Cavium’smanufacturable hardware design kit and deployment–proven LTE stack and management software.
- Introduction of FDD LTE stack supporting 15MHz channel operation.
LiquidIO Server Adapters: accelerating SDN and NFV by application offloading Open vSwitch (OVS), DPI, Filtering, bandwidth provisioning and security processing for various cloud and data center workloads.
- Demonstration of LiquidIO with OVS and IPsec offload at 10 Gbps. (Original Source)
Shares of Cavium opened today at $70.43 and are currently trading down at $70.24. CAVM has a 1-year high of $74.26 and a 1-year low of $38.73. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $68.08 and its 200-day moving average is $64.32.
On the ratings front, Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. In a report issued on April 30, Canaccord Genuity analyst Matt Ramsay reiterated a Buy rating on CAVM, with a price target of $77, which represents a potential upside of 9.3% from where the stock is currently trading. Separately, on the same day, FBR’s Christopher Rolland maintained a Buy rating on the stock and has a price target of $75.
According to TipRanks.com, which ranks over 7,500 financial analysts and bloggers to gauge the performance of their past recommendations, Matt Ramsay and Christopher Rolland have a total average return of 13.2% and 14.6% respectively. Ramsay has a success rate of 78.2% and is ranked #382 out of 3610 analysts, while Rolland has a success rate of 71.4% and is ranked #158.
The street is mostly Bullish on CAVM stock. Out of 5 analysts who cover the stock, 4 suggest a Buy rating and one recommend to Hold the stock. The 12-month average price target assigned to the stock is $69.75, which represents a slight downside potential from current levels.
Cavium Inc designs, develops and markets semiconductor processors that enable intelligent processing for wired and wireless networking, communications, storage, cloud, wireless, security, video and connected home and office applications.